It has performed to remove dependency on your spectacles. LASIK surgery is quick and relatively painless surgery. There are no injections and stitches. It requires special skills and LASIK laser machine.
Anyone above the age of 18 and with constant glass power can undergo LASIK surgery. We still need to examine your eyes for fitness for such surgeries. Only after your eyes are considered safe to undergo surgery we can perform the surgery on you. It is always done on both eyes simultaneously. It’s a daycare procedure. No admission is required for the same.
After operation doctor will examine you and start with eye drops. You can start seeing clearly from very next day.
LASIK stands for laser in-situ keratomileusis, is a popular surgery used to correct vision in people who are Myopic (nearsighted), Hyperopic (farsighted), or have astigmatism.
All laser vision correction surgeries work by reshaping the cornea, the clear front part of the eye, so that light travelling through it is properly focused onto the retina located in the back of the eye.
It gives you freedom from spectacles and contact lenses.
LASIK is associated with very little pain (painless) due to the numbing drops that are used.
Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the day after LASIK.
No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
Why should I consider LASIK?
- Do you ever struggle with your eyeglasses becoming a nuisance at the gym, in the pool, or on a morning jog?
- Do your contact lenses cause red, burning, and irritated eyes?
- Do eyeglasses hide the true beauty of your face and make you look older?
- First, your eye surgeon uses either a mechanical surgical tool called a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser to create a thin, circular “flap” in the cornea.
- The surgeon then folds back the hinged flap to access the underlying cornea (called the stroma) and removes some corneal tissue using an excimer laser.
- This highly specialized laser(Excimer laser) uses light beam to remove (“ablate”) microscopic amounts of tissue from the cornea to reshape it so it more accurately focuses light on the retina for improved vision.
- For Myopic eyes, the goal is to flatten the cornea; with farsighted people, a steeper cornea is desired.
- Excimer lasers also can correct astigmatism by smoothing an irregular cornea into a more normal shape. It is a misconception that LASIK cannot treat astigmatism.
- After the laser reshapes the cornea, the flap is then laid back in place, covering the area where the corneal tissue was removed. Then the cornea is allowed to heal naturally.
You need to start eye drops immediately after surgery. The doctor will see you very next day. Upon completion of your LASIK surgery, you may feel a temporary burning or itching sensation immediately following the procedure. After a brief post-operative exam, someone can drive you home. (You cannot drive after LASIK until your eye doctor sees you the following day and confirms your uncorrected vision meets the legal standard for driving.)
You should expect some blurry vision and haziness immediately after surgery; however, clarity should improve by the very next morning.
Your eyesight should stabilize and continue to improve within a few days, although in rare cases it may take several weeks or longer. For most people, vision improves immediately.
You may be able to go to work the next day, but many doctors advise a couple of days of rest instead.
Also, it is usually recommended that you refrain from any strenuous exercise for at least a week, since this can traumatize the eye and affect healing.
Other options for LASIK:
Your doctor will tell you alternate options if you are not fit for LASIK. Here at Aditi Eye care we give personalised treatment as each eye is unique and so its treatment. Doctor will discuss about other options like PRK,ICL(Implantable collamer Lens) implantation surgery.